At ATN, we believe there is a job out there for anyone who wants to work. Our programs and services are available without referral (and usually with no or minimal cost) to anyone who wants to prepare for employment or upgrade their skills.
Employment Resource Centre (ERC)
Drop in 8:30 – 4:00 Mon. – Fri.
- Assistance creating and/or editing resumes and cover letters
- Computer Lab for job searching
- Employment counselling support services which includes job searching assistance and 1:1 employment skills counselling
- Printing, scanning, fax, telephone and TTY resources available
Support for Adults with Learning Disabilities
- Prescreening and formal diagnosis of learning disabilities (for academic or employment purposes)
- Assistance with GED and other academic skill upgrading
- Training in Microsoft Office products
- Computer upgrading courses
- Ergonomic assessments
- Assistive technologies for physical and learning barriers
- Specialized software such as Dragon NaturallySpeaking
Youth Employment Strategy (YES)
If you are between the ages of 15-30 you may qualify. The program provides 15 weeks total paid (minimum wage) education and employment.
- 5 weeks in class
- 10 week work placement
To qualify for the program the participant must also be:
- In need of assistance to overcome barriers to employment and/or have a disability
- Out of school
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or people who have refugee status
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial territorial legislation and regulation
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits
Retail & Employment Skills (R&E)
If you want to upgrade your skills we offer:
- 7 weeks in-class training including hands-on at the Old East Village Grocer (OEVG)
- 2-10 week volunteer placement
Two to ten week placements may be provided and participants will have the opportunity to assist in growing the ATN’s Old East Village Grocer. You will start working at the OEVG in week 2 of the in-class portion of the course. This will commence for 6 weeks of the in-class portion for 1 to 2 days per week.
Ready, Set, Shine!
- 1:1 support for clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Work with employers to show the strengths and capabilities of those with Autism Spectrum Disorder and what they bring to a workplace
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 519-433-7950.